Here are 8 ways to immediately improve your self confidence. Try them out. Let me know which ones work for you.
1. Smile Big – It’s tough to be un-confident if you’re smiling.
2. Practice Speaking Up – Don’t shout, but speak up clearly.
3. Walk Faster – Don’t speed walk unless your exercising, you’ll look goofy. But speed up your walk just a little and it portrays confidence.
4. Make Eye Contact – When you make eye contact with someone else, it portrays confidence. Check out this video of Bill Clinton in 1992 when he was running for President. He makes the elder George Bush look foolish with his confidence.
Who is George Bush talking to here? Clinton made it very personal with the lady asking the question. He got closer and spoke to her, making eye contact.
5. Plan for and Expect Positive Outcomes – If you don’t think good things are going to happen to you, its tough to be confident in what you’re doing.
6. Choose Friends Wisely – Don’t hang around people that you know will hold you down.
7. Be Attentive – If someone is speaking, listen up and be engaged. If you look down or look away, you are not portraying yourself as someone who is confident in themselves.
8. Don’t worry, be Happy – Be happy with yourself. By worrying you are only holding yourself back.